This tutorial will guide you on how to install Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire laptop. The process is very simple and easy to follow.
Note: This tutorial has been created using the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and the following components: Acer Aspire, Windows 7 Professional 32bit or 64bit.
You need to boot from the CD/DVD and not boot from the hard drive.
You need to boot from the CD/DVD drive because the computer is going to read the installation files from that disk and not the hard drive. To do this, you will have to change your boot order in the BIOS. You can’t change this if Windows 7 is already installed on your computer.
Read Also:10 Best Laptop For Writers – Reviews & Guide
In order for you to install Windows 7 as your new operating system, you’re going to need a bootable disk with all of the setup files on it. You will also have to make sure that your new system has a fast enough CPU and RAM; without these, installing Windows 7 could be very difficult or impossible.
Check your BIOS is AHCI enabled
If you have just partitioned the hard drive, turn on the laptop and press Delete or F2 to enter your computer’s BIOS. The BIOS is used by your motherboard to communicate with various hardware devices in your system, including your computer’s processor, RAM and hard drive. The first time you boot up a new installation of Windows 7, the operating system will display a message asking you to set up certain features of the new installation.
If you have already partitioned and formatted the hard drive (by using Windows 7 Setup), then go ahead and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. This guide assumes that this is the first time you’ve seen the “Windows needs to reboot for these changes to take effect” screen, which you should now be seeing if you’ve just completed Setup step 6 above. If so, go ahead and reboot by choosing “Yes.”
Configure your BIOS to boot from the DVD
To boot from the Windows 7 DVD, you need to change your computer’s boot order so that it boots from CD/DVD first.
- Open the BIOS menu by hitting ESC, F2 or F10. Try each of those choices before going through all the steps below.
- Use your arrow keys to navigate to the Boot tab and select it with Enter. You should see a list of devices where you can set their boot priority in order.
- Move the device that will be used for installation (DVD-ROM or USB drive) above Hard Disk Drive on the list if possible: use “+” and “-” keys to move devices up and down in boot priority order. Make sure Secure Boot is set to Disabled: this tells your computer not to check its own signature when it tries to load an OS, making it easier for you to install alternative operating systems like Linux onto your Acer laptop.
- Save these changes and exit BIOS setup: select Save Changes & Exit Setup with Enter key—your system will reboot itself automatically after saving changes; then hit Enter when prompted to confirm that action. This reboots your computer into a bootable DVD or USB drive (if available), allowing you to install Windows 7 from there.*(See note below.)
Now insert Windows 7 installation DVD inside your CD/DVD-ROM or insert USB Flash Drive
At this point, if you are reading this tutorial, it means that you have already attempted to install Windows 7 and now find yourself in the unfortunate position of having a non-booting PC with no operating system.
Before we start to recover the situation, it is always wise to make sure that your hardware is working correctly. If you have recently opened up your laptop or desktop computer, make sure all connections are seated firmly. Check out the motherboards website for any updates for drivers or firmware.
Boot from CD/DVD-ROM or USB Flash Drive and follow the onscreen instruction to install.
To install Windows 7 from CD/DVD or USB flash drive, do the following:
- On the boot menu, select CD/DVD-ROM or USB Flash Drive and follow the onscreen instruction to install.
select the partition where you want to install the windows
- Select the partition where you want to install the windows. here I selected second option i.e, Custom (Advanced).
- In this step, you can create a new partition and format your hard drive.
- Select the partition where you want to install the windows and click next.
Format your partition using NTFS format which is more secure than FAT32 format and click next.
Format your partition using NTFS format which is more secure than FAT32 format and click next. Formatting the hard disk will erase all data on the disk, proceed with the installation only if you are ready to delete all the information on your primary partition.
Now it will start copying files. This process takes quite a while so be patient.
Now it will start copying files. This process takes quite a while so be patient. Do not turn off your laptop, and do not disturb your laptop while the installation is in progress.
After formatting your hard drive successfully now you can install windows in your laptop
after formatting your hard drive successfully now you can install windows in your laptop.
you can install windows successfully without any problem.
you can also install windows without any error.
you can easily install windows using a simple method.
Bestseller No. 1 2022 HP Pavilion 17 Laptop, 17.3″ FHD IPS Display, 11th Gen Intel i5-1135G7(Up to 4.2GHz, Beat i7-10710U), 16GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, Backlit Keyboard, HDMI, WiFi, Bluetooth, Webcam, Windows 11+JVQ MP
the most important thing is you don’t need to be an expert or technician to do this job because it is very easy and simple method to install windows in your laptop.
Well done! You have successfully completed the installation of Windows 7 on your Acer Laptop.
Now restart your laptop and enjoy your windows.